10 reasons why employers need HBG and how joining our team will allow you to be a part of the HBG Vision:
HBG exists to create an unrivaled commitment to the enrichment of the lives for those we serve.
- In the U.S., 7 in 10 deaths are due to chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes, accounting for 75% of medical care costs
- Modifiable risk factors lead to deaths from chronic disease, estimated to cause more than half of all deaths in the U.S. Modifiable risks are those such as:
- Tobacco Use: (19%)
- High Blood Pressure: (16%)
- Physical Inactivity: (8%)
- Overweight – Obesity: (8%)
- Individuals having a (BMI > 35) have 4.2% higher health-related productivity loss at work, equal to $506 per employee per year. Medical costs paid for individuals with a BMI greater than 35 are approximately $1,429 higher annually than for normal weight individual.
- Job related stress contributes 10-30% of heart disease risk in working people
- High job stress/strain associated with: heart disease, high blood pressure, depression, musculoskeletal disease, increased lifestyle risks (overweight, smoking, heavy alcohol use, low physical activity)
- During 2000–2004, cigarette smoking was estimated to be responsible for $193 billion in annual health-related economic losses in the United States
- Sedentary employees incur $250 more in annual health care costs than moderately active (1-2 times/wk) and very active (3 + times/wk) employees
- Only 6.9 % of US companies have what is considered to be an evidenced based wellness program – what that means is that most other existing wellness programs can be much more effective if given the right tool, resources, and team to help the wellness program boom!
- With only a 1% reduction in excess weight, elevated blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol, has been shown to save $83 to $103 annually in medical costs per person
- Research studies suggest that for every dollar invested in health promotion, a company saves $3 to $5 in health and safety costs. These savings can be even greater with the expertise that the HBG Team provides!
We are currently looking for the following areas of expertise to join the HBG team:
Sales Professionals – must have proven experience and knowledge in the healthcare industry, benefits and wellness. Certifications in Wellness and/or Health Care reform preferred.
Entry-Level Sales – potential for professional growth and account management.
Certified Nursing Assistants
Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses
Registered Dieticians and Nutritionists
Naturopathic (ND& NMD’s) and Medical Doctors
Certified Fitness Professionals
Certified Health Coaches and Educational Speakers
If you have an interest in pursuing an exciting career in wellness, then HBG may be the perfect home for you! Please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below.Contact Us